Pacific Heights Surgery Center (PHSC) is an ambulatory surgery center (ASC) that provides outpatient services. Outpatient services are medical procedures or surgeries that do not require an overnight stay. For many of us, this means less time away from work and other commitments, as many procedures allow you to return home within a couple of hours.
Here are more reasons why people are choosing ASCs for their procedures:
- ASCs are often able to provide care at a much lower cost to the patient and their insurance company through increased efficiency. ASCs have saved Medicare $2,000,000,000 (2 billion) annually by providing these low-cost services.
- Infections rates are minimized.
- Surgeons have a greater level of control over their surgical environment which enables them to work more effectively and efficiently to enhance outcomes.
- ASCs typically specialize in a few procedures, which enhances the staff’s skillbase and experiences in the services provided.
- Patients report extremely high levels of satisfaction.
- ASCs are independently regulated by several rigorous processes including Government Agencies (CMS), state licensure, and voluntary accreditation (AAAHC).
Learn more about ASCs and their importance in our country’s healthcare system at advancingsurgicalcare.com